Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday Mass in the Gardens

SUNDAY MASS IN THE GARDENS
I drove to NJN this Sunday morning which was unusual. I have rarely gone on a weekend.  But the weather seemed cooler and the sky gray and I thought now is the time to do some serious weeding and tidying up.
 I did manage to neaten the beds in front of Sister Margaret's door and the broccoli, swiss chard and brussell sprout beds.   The circular flower bed needed some weeding as well.  It is always overwhelming and I have visions of a neat and tidy, attractive garden not one cobbled together with whatever happens to be laying around to edge or support or add to it.  I guess that is life, though.  You take what you have and make the most of it.    




watering before placing the cover over hoops
to protect the plants from beetles




Swiss chard

Black and yellow garden spider
Very large and  dramatic
                                                     Black-and-Yellow-Garden-Spider

Butternut squash takes over a number of beds


Beautiful green peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment