Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So coincidental that tonight the post on Facebook from Father James Martin, SJ pertains to my feelings in the garden.  After hours of work I feel I have little to show for it.
https://www.facebook.com/FrJamesMartin
Evening prayer: 


In today's Gospel, Jesus talked about the mustard seed that grows into the great plant. I know that the mustard seed is one of the smallest of all seeds. Sometimes, God, my efforts feel like that--tiny, insignificant, worthless. But I know that it is you who make something of them, and bring them to fruition. Today I offer you all of my little mustard seeds: all the things that I tried to do today for others, all the efforts that I made on your behalf, all the times I chose to love. Tonight I offer you those seeds and ask you to help them grow, which they will, in your own time. And even if I never see where and when they blossom, I know I will enjoy their fragrance in your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment